It's a beautiful sunny fall day today in the Pacific NW. Cool outside though. I am listening to my Ipod "Flower Power" songs from the Time Life series from the 60's/70's, the CDs were loaned to me by one of my bosses. "Ball of Confusion" is playing right now.....today is my co-worker Becky's 60th birthday. We all met up before work for breakfast and gave her presents, I had a veggie omlette and hash browns and toast, but only ate half, saved the rest for later. I am trying to stay clear of sugar, did have some sugar free jam on the toast. I am pretty disgusted with my inability to stay away from junk food and lose the 20 lbs I need to. I am trying to psych myself up by telling myself that if I can lose this 20 lbs then my hip joints will feel a lot better and won't ache and be as stiff from the arthritis, as the extra weight off will relieve pressure off the joints. I want so desperately to feel better. I know not eating junk and losing some weight will help. But at times, I get depressed and want to eat to comfort myself, because I am frustrated with the physical limitations I have now.
I am casting it all over to the Lord. I really need His help.
A Pleasant Surprise!
6 years ago
2 comments:
I'm still praying for your healing. I know well the frustration of something chronic like that and wanting to be healed.
I'm also with you on trying to avoid sugar. So hard to do!
HI!!! It's Tabitha! You won Shari's book!!!!!! :) Send me your mailing address to tabandrew(at)hotmail.com. I'm ordering 15 of her books for Christmas gifts, so once they arrive, I'll get your copy right out!!
I'll poke around s'more on your blog....I see you're reading Joyce M., I love her stuff, she has really helped me think differently and even SPEAK differently--I love her stuff!
Anyway, I'm glad you won! I'll include a bookmark from my shop...got a favorite color??
Thanks for popping over and congrats! :)
Post a Comment