Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fun at the beach!


We had a great time at the Ocean Crest resort down in Moclips over the long weekend. I just posted a few pics of the dogs and a video of them and Tim on the beach. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and sunny the whole time, unseasonably warm. They had just gotten over days of rain and we really timed it right as it didn't rain at all for us. We went down to the beach two times and dug razor clams as the season was open for them, when we got home Sunday Tim made clam strips and yesterday he made clam chowder! Delicious! We took a drive one day up into the Quinault area/rain forest, just driving around. We saw a fish hatchery and let the dogs run around in the woods. Mainly we just relaxed. We had a lovely dinner at the Ocean Crest restaurant on Friday night. I had grilled cod with blackberry sauce and cous cous and creme brulee for dessert and Tim had the duck. The dogs were really great. I was glad it wasn't raining so we didn't have to deal with wet, muddy dogs! They truly loved the beach, being able to run after the ball, etc. You can see on the video how Tank crouches down and tries to get Anna when she is running back. It's pretty funny to see, he reminds me of a panther or a tiger, or a cat, just crouching low for the attack!
I was really blessed too by my husband for our anniversary, as he gave me a lovely pair of diamond earrings...something I have always wanted! They are very pretty and classy. I will try to find a picture online of them or get him to take a picture of me wearing them. I am getting him a fishing trip with an Indian guide to go on the Quinault river to fish for salmon/steelhead. We checked out some names of guides while we were there.
All in all, it was a wonderful time, it was nice to get away and relax and have fun, after going through all the strike stuff.

I just realized this is my 100th post!! So to celebrate, I have a giveaway!
I am giving away a red scarf that I am almost finished knitting. I should be done by the weekend. It looks just like the one that I made for my friend Van in this picture. Just enter a comment from now till Thursday night and I will pick a winner randomly on Friday morning!!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so happy you had a good time and great weather on your weekend away. And how fun to get the earrings!

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a wonderful anniversary. We've been married so long that last year we both forgot it was our anniversary! blessings, marlene

Marybeth Whalen said...

I would LOVE to win!! I don't own a red scarf-- or really any scarf, so this would be a real treat!!

Thanks for the tip on my blog! :)