Sunday morning, I am starting to get ready for church. I am reading a really good fiction book, "The Shape of Mercy" by Susan Meissner. I got it yesterday at the library and cannot put it down. I am half-way through it. I can't wait to get back to it after church! I love finding a great book like that that you do not want to stop reading!
Yesterday I bought some gel pens and stickers and I had a new journal I hadn't opened. I am going to start journaling again. I have been kind of hit and miss for awhile, starting a prayer journal some months back but not really keeping up with it. I found a journal I kept a few years ago that I had decorated each page with pictures cut from cards or magazines or stickers, or quotes I just liked. I loved looking at it and reading through it again, so thought I'd do another one, it kind of helps me feel creative as well as just writing down my thoughts and prayers and musings.
I started to knit again a little this weekend, finished a blue baby hat. I am still taking it easy though, my arm aches in the morning some, and my elbow is still sore. I just can't bear to stop knitting for too long, but this tennis elbow/knitting elbow soreness isn't good so I shouldn't mess with it. It's been pretty good this week since I haven't been doing much. But I miss knitting. I have lots of yarn and ideas.
A Pleasant Surprise!
6 years ago
2 comments:
I love this idea. I've journaled for many years but didn't think about making it sort of a scrapbook. I don't do scrapbooking but I think I'd like doing a journal that way. Thank you for a great idea. I also love the Mother Theresa quote in your previous post.
I just posted an idea about putting women who like writing letters in touch with each other if you're interested....
Post a Comment