skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Trying to think
I haven't been writing much lately on my blog as I have felt like I don't have much to say right now that isn't uplifting and positive. Oh, there are many good things going on in my life and it helps to focus on them. But I have been feeling really overwhelmed at work lately, to the point of tears on several occasions...dealing with irate clients on the phone who are upset and demanding....I have been doing this job for 26 years and you would think I would be used to it, but maybe due to hormonal stuff I am just more fragile and get frustrated easier dealing with people. My job is such that I am working on projects but getting many calls at the same time, so I have lots of 'irons in the fire' at all times. Maybe I am just getting tired of doing it. There are so many pluses about my job, and I know that no job is perfect. I just feel like I am not handling things well somedays. Today was one of those days. Two clients just about had me in tears with their demands. That isn't like me. I can vent to a few co-workers who go through the same exact thing as me, but I feel bad letting negativity get to me. I feel like I should be able to rise about it all, be calm and peaceful and have the right answers for everyone. But I don't. I guess I need some help figuring out how to handle things better. Our pastor talked this weekend about Colossians 3, putting on compassion and kindness and love. Put them on like you put on your clothes in the morning. Even when you don't feel like it. Especially when you don't feel like it. But I just don't know how to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment