Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Help for Haiti

Our former pastor's 25 year old son is a missionary with Convoy of Hope, a disaster relief organization based out of Missouri, who had a presence and large warehouse already established in Haiti when the earthquake happened in January. Tim and I donated $100 to Convoy of Hope and $100 to Samaritan's Purse right after the earthquake to help the people of Haiti, but we have been wanting to continue to give for Haiti. Right after the earthquake, I found this blog livesayhaiti.blogspot.com from a family who had been living in Haiti as missionaries for a couple of organizations, one being Heartline Ministries. I have been following both the Livesay blog and the Heartline blog and they both have really taken you right to Haiti and what the people there have gone through and are continuing to go through. There's a story about a young girl, age 22, named Amanda who was injured in the earthquake and about them trying to get her to the U.S. for surgery. Her story is a few posts back on the Livesay blog. I am hoping to find out where to donate to help with getting her to the U.S. etc. I can't even imagine going through all that she has been through, if you read her story you will agree.
I also would like to continue to donate to Convoy of Hope too...they are a wonderful organization and since they were already on the ground there that is extremely helpful. Tom, our former pastor, told me recently that they are in need of generators and he was trying to get a container shipped through some contacts to Haiti, and I understand that Tom himself is going there this week to join his son.

No comments: