Monday, April 5, 2010

The weekend

Tim and I had a lovely weekend. Saturday we ran some errands...went to SportCo, Camping World and Brown and Haley Outlet. Brown and Haley is a local candy manufacturer that makes Almond Roca and Mountain Bars, and they have an outlet store that carries plastic boxes of 'booboos' (chocolates that weren't shaped right or something). My husband loves to stop there now and then since it's right by SportCo, one of his favorite hunting and fishing stores. We got some Almond Roca to take to my mom and stepdad's since they invited us over yesterday for Easter dinner, and we also got a few goodies....it was funny, because there were two older (in their 70's probably) ladies working there who were telling us that a few doors down was a big warehouse that had several deliveries of wine or alcohol of some sort per day...one of the ladies said "alcohol and chocolate are the last things to go in a recession!" A senior citizens touring bus pulled up too, and one of the Brown and Haley ladies said " Oh, no, they are supposed to call ahead!!" as the people started pouring out of the bus! Fortunately we were done so we left with our treats and headed home. I made corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot, knitted cute baby booties and finished a baby hat later in the day for little Calla.
Sunday Easter I went to church at the 8:30am service. It was really nice, our worship pastor Matt wrote a beautiful song that he sang with a small choir backing him up and they also had three little vignettes or skits, with a man and a woman acting out in mime to narration. Although it was cold here (42 degrees yesterday) and cloudy and windy, some ladies had on pretty spring Easter outfits. I didn't see that many little kids at church because it was the earliest service and most people come at 10am or 11:30am so I missed seeing the kids dressed up in their Easter outfits, that is always fun to see. Tim and I went over to my mom's for dinner at 3pm and Melissa, Tim's daughter came with us. We also took Anna and Tank. They had fun as my mom and stepdad's place has lots of room for them to run around safely outside in a big fenced area. We had a wonderful dinner of ham, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, fruit and red velvet cake from Costco for dessert. My stepdad's daughter and her family came over too so it was a nice group and we all had a good time visiting and catching up. My mom gave me some pretty purple and white and yellow and pink winter pansies for outside, I haven't even thought about planting any flowers in pots or hanging baskets yet as it's been too cold still.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

It sounds like you had a lovely Easter. Ours was quiet, just the three of us, but I enjoyed it.

Julie said...

Thank you so much for knitting for our sweet Calla. I can't wait to see what you made! The blanket is amazing so I can only imagine how cute the booties and hat are. :)

I can't seem to figure out how to view your email address to send you my mailing address. So here it is:
15894 NW 100th
Whitewater, KS 67154

Thank you so much!