Thursday, November 20, 2008

Budget Beauty Products

Do you have some favorite beauty products that you love that don't break the bank? I love Estee Lauder's face creams but they are really spendy, so I am trying out an Avon one since my Estee Lauder is just about gone. I was thinking that the drugstores really have some great beauty products, one of my favorite on the cheap bath products from Walgreens is the big bag of Epsom salts you can get for something like $5. I can make scented and colored bath salts with it, like lavender or rose scents and color the salts pink or blue with food dye. They make nice gifts too for Christmas, packaged in a pretty decorated see through bag with a lovely ribbon. In fact, I am planning to whip some of those up for little gifts since we are going low budget this year for Christmas. Anyway, I also love those little face masks or foot masks you can get for $.99 too at the drugstore, I think they are by Freeman.
Do you have a favorite low budget beauty product?

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I really like a cleanser called Cetaphil and I usually buy the even less expensive Wal-Mart or CVS house brand version of it. It costs about $6 and the bottle usually lasts more than six months. It even removes mascara effortlessly without burning my eyes which is a big plus for me.

Gina said...

Kelly, I love your idea with the bath salt. Where do you find the fragrance? I have been buying the little body sprays at the drug store, it is half the price of Bath and Body work and lasts just as long.

Cindy - my daughter's skin doctor recommended Cetaphil for her extremely sensitive skin. It has done wonders.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Hi Kelly, as I've gotten older my eyebrows have gotten thinner, finer, and fairer until they're barely visible. I use a powder brush-on by Clinique but first I use the mascara-like tube of dye that I get at Sally's on the few eyebrows I have...it's designed to touch up your roots when you dye your hair and costs $20. Recently I discovered that inexpensive Maybelline mascara works even better than the root touch up and is cheaper. blessings, marlene