
I haven't written for awhile but hope to catch up with my blogging soon. I have tomorrow off work for Veteran's Day, and Tim and I are taking off for the ocean on Thursday for our 20th wedding anniversary...we're making a long weekend of it, since the strike is finally over and we have a little extra money now. We are looking forward to the getaway, and are taking both dogs with us...it's a little extra for the pet fee for the room but worth it. We have loved going to Ocean Crest down in Moclips for the past six or seven years now for our anniversary every November. We've taken Anna, but this year will be the first year Tank goes along. They have a great beach the dogs can run. It's a relaxing place, with an indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, lovely gourmet romantic quiet restaurant nestled in the woods looking down to the waves crashing on the beach. It will be rainy probably but great to just have a fire going in the room, relax, read, watch movies, hang out! We love going there, and this year we weren't sure we could go because of the strike but we are glad our usual room (the one taking pets) was available. I went to the library this weekend and got some books for reading material to take along....a Lori Wick and Karen Kingsbury fiction and some Christmas craft books. I also ordered a book by an author I saw this morning on Life Today, she has a book about climing the ladder in stilettos, and our library downtown has it, so I ordered it to come to my branch, hopefully by Thursday so I can take it with me.
I still need to catch up my reading for Behind Those Eyes. I admit I have fallen behind in my reading and posting.
Off to work now, my prayers this morning are for everyone who reads this, that you have a wonderful day, and watch out for little love notes! What are those? Well, I think it's when God just does some little thing, especially for you, just to delight you! Like Cindy's Grace Notes she wrote about last week, but also, just little special delights, just for you. He does know us inside and out and He longs to delight us. My prayer is that we notice Him this day, and be glad He is always with us and always longing to communicate in all kinds of ways and shapes and forms!
3 comments:
I'm so glad you get to go on the little trip after all now that the strike is over. Have a great time and I'm looking forward to hearing about it.
Congratulations on your anniversary!! 20 years is huge accomplishment, you and your husband deserve lots of credit. Have a wonderful time and relax.
Happy anniversary! 20 years!!! That is something to celebrate. You both so deserve a lovely getaway. I am so happy that the hard times are over. Have a fantastic time!
Post a Comment