Thursday, February 3, 2011

I am having a hard morning, lots of muscle spasms in my right leg. I did make it to the pool to exercise before work, but only got in about 25 minutes. Was ten minutes late to work. I am using my cane. Cortisone shots are scheduled for two weeks from tomorrow. A lot of people are praying for me, from the pool...in India....at work...from church, and friends all over. I so very much appreciate prayers for healing, freedom from pain and spasms. It's becoming increasingly harder to work all day. Today I have already cried several times. I am feeling like people are getting tired of me being in pain though (some people at work). If nothing else, this physical pain has taught me to be more compassionate to others who are suffering. I know I am going to have to have one hip (probably the left one) replaced by the summer. I am afraid a little about it all, it's the unknown, and I've never had surgery or been in the hospital before except for a broken arm. But I know God is with me. I believe He could heal me and take away my pain and this arthritis in my hip joints. He can do anything. But for now, He has not chosen to heal me with a miracle. He does use medicine and surgery for healing too. It's just not the road I wanted to walk at age 52.

No comments: