Saturday, September 13, 2008

What a fun and inspiring post to get ready for Autumn!

My friend at work Becky and I both have mothers who love to decorate their homes and have the knack for interior design, painting, knowing what looks good with what, etc. Becky and I have decided that we did not inherit this gene from our mothers, and most of the time, we don't mind that we don't really have much of a clue or interest about feathering our nests, but I came across this post today on this lovely blog (via Marybeth Whalen's blog, who posted about it) and it got me so inspired I actually dug out some "Autumn" decorations to put on a little curio cabinent I have. Nothing fancy, but it actually was kind of fun. I put two china tea cups and saucers that have sort of fall patterns, a brass angel, a little Yankee jar candle of Tea and Honey, a wine-colored small vase and a glass bell that has gold and brown flowers on it that used to be my grandma's. I put them on a little placemat of fall foliage material. Plus an ivory 'fake' heart candle Becky gave me last year for Christmas from either HSN or QVC, that is battery operated. Ruth Ann in her post on her blog has decorated beautifully and has lots of good advice. I was reading it this morning early, and decided to make my own little autumn decorating creation. I called my mother later and told her, she was very proud of me!

No comments: