Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'll start over tomorrow

I find myself saying that a lot lately. About eating healthy..."I'll start over tomorrow". About not taking time to walk for exercise...."I'll do it tomorrow". Etc. This time of year is always busy and crazy, and even though we are doing less as far as Christmas present shopping, there's still lots of little errands to try to run at lunchtime, whether it's to do with gifts or office/bosses gift stuff, etc. At night I get home and I don't want to go back out when it's dark and rainy so I have been working on Christmas cards and trying not to bake cookies that I will eat 10 of! I am feeling really off the wagon as far as eating healthy and lack of exercise. I have such a perfect setup to walk in the mornings before work at the indoor mall right by my house and office with a co-worker and lots of other people who mall walk in the morning. I just can't get myself ready and out the door in time...even though I am usually up around 5:30am! You would think I could be ready for work and out the door at least by 7:45am to walk about a half an hour and then be at work at 8:30am. But no. I think I need to limit myself on being on the computer in the mornings before work, I tend to get going down too many rabbit trails, checking email, blogs, Facebook, etc. I also am not doing very well in just taking some time each day to read the Bible or a devotional and pray and just soak a little with the Lord. I feel like I am on the proverbial gerbil's wheel. Even when I try to stop and be still, my head is still swimming with stuff to remember and do and not forget. I have some knitting projects I am trying to finish by Christmas too. All in all, life is a bit overwhelming right now. Plus my back is stiff and sore, yet if I would be diligent to walk daily, I know it would feel better. Why don't I do the good things I know I should do? Kind of the universal question!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm right there with you. I start each day with such good intentions but it all falls apart and at the end of the day I'm disappointed in myself and vow to do better the next day. But, it doesn't always happen.

I actually have given up several websites/message boards that I followed as well as people's facebook and myspace pages because it was taking up too much precious time. This blog is about all I do online now.

StitchinByTheLake said...

There are so many of us feeling this way right now - I'm gradually cutting out activities where I can so I can spend more time at home. blessings, marlene