I was just getting ready to head out the door early this morning for an 8am dental appointment when I got a phone call saying that my dental hygenist just called in saying her son was ill and she wouldn't be in and they needed to reschedule me. So I have a little window of time here and thought I'd catch up on my blog.
This weekend I was in my closet looking at a brown cardigan belted sweater I bought at Nordstrom at the Anniversary sale in July 2007 that I haven't worn too much. I thought about wearing it and pulled it out, only to find a big rip in the seam of the collar and a hole in the middle of one of the sleeves! I can't for the life of me remember the last time I wore it, and I am certain it wasn't in that kind of shape when I did! So I found the receipt (I tend to save my clothes/shoes purchase receipts from the Nordstrom sale for a few years at least) and saw that the sweater cost $58.97. I took it back yesterday at lunch to Nordstrom which is in the mall right next to wear I work and without a blink of an eye the sales clerk asked me if I wanted a credit on my account or to exchange for a different sweater (of course they didn't have the same one anymore, but they did have some similar). I opted for the credit, and it made me feel good to know that instead of having an unworn sweater for that price languishing in my closet I was able to return it and get a credit for it. That is one thing about Nordstrom that simply can't be beat, their customer service and return policy.
My mom and I were on the phone last night, talking about the fact that even though we've just had Thanksgiving, it doesn't feel like Christmas season yet. I probably need to decorate a little and get some Christmas music playing to help a little. I think because our shopping list is a lot slimmer this year due to the fact we are not exchanging gifts with most of our family on each side might be a factor too, I don't feel the pressure and frenzy yet of gift shopping. We do need to get some gifts for all the grandkids though, ages 12, 10, 7, 3 and two one year olds...there's no doubt a lot of great ideas out there for them.
A Pleasant Surprise!
6 years ago
2 comments:
That's great service, to be sure. I'm really trying to resist the urge to buy stuff. It isn't that I will put it on a credit card, but knowing that the money I spend could instead be used as a payment toward the credit card! It's so hard to have self control sometimes! lol!
I know what you mean about Christmas. I have done anything yet and to be honest, my heart isn't in it but I know the "kids" expect it so I'll do my motherly duty!
I am hoping that getting a tree will put us in the mood for the season. I'll let you know!:-)
Post a Comment