

I like both of these looks. Isaac Mizrahi has taken over as lead designer at Liz Claiborne after having designed affordable clothing for womenfor Target for about six years. I saw a sneak peek of his new line for Liz coming out this spring, and there are some really nice outfits...a few pants and jacket suits that would be good for work and a couple of skirts and dresses. I could only find these two to put pictures up for now. I have always liked the Liz Claiborne brand except for the past few years it hasn't been too exciting, but I think Isaac will maybe prop up the brand. Although in this economy, women just aren't clothes shopping much. I was over at Macy's yesterday and the store was simply dead. I had a coupon for $8 and got two pairs of Jockey no-line panties that I love that were on the sale rack...cost to me...nothing! I talked to the salesclerk about the news that they were laying off 7000 people from Macy's and she said it probably wouldn't affect our area too much, that it was mainly corporate positions. I noticed there just weren't many people in the store at all, and a co-worker went to Penneys and Sears yesterday and said the same thing, it was really dead. I think if I buy anything this spring, it will be something from this new Liz line for work, like pants and a jacket, and some shoes for work too, as I really need some spring/summer ones. I want to save up and pay cash. No credit cards.
2 comments:
I visited NYC in 2002 when I ran the marathon and loved Macys. Thanks for reminding me of a lovely holiday.
Thanks for your anniversary wishes. I would love to see your pics too.
Post a Comment