Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Monday

It turns out that Tank's spots on his chin are 'puppy acne'...!!! He is doing better now having been on the antibiotics and steriods a few days, and I've used the shampoo to rub in his chin and let it sit for 10 minutes then rinse off. I got the dogs both nice big stainless steel bowls this weekend, as apparently the plastic bowls we were using were part of the trouble. We also need to wash the rubber and plastic toys a lot and limit the rawhide chewies, as apparently it's the drool factor that causes the bacteria problem to get the breakouts.

I found out Friday I won a blog giveaway contest for Prairieland Herbs. They are based in Iowa and I have been ordering their shea butter and soaps for years! Donna and Maggie, mother and daughter, who own Prairieland Herbs, have a blog now and a contest every week for some product giveaways...they choose the winner on Fridays. I won three solid perfumes, that come in little tins. I picked violet, rose and lilac for my scents. I have ordered the lavender and the sandalwood before and they are really nice. Their products are made from lots of things they grow on their two acre farm, so it's a fun blog and website to check out!

It's grey and cold today. It actually snowed Saturday night. There was snow all over my car and the grass when I got up Sunday morning. I went to church and got to be the "Storybook Lady" for the four and five year olds in kids' church...we met in the "Treehouse room" and I read two stories. It was fun. There was one little boy in particular who was hanging on my every word, so that was nice. My stepdaughter Melissa and I went to the movies in the afternoon, we saw "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owens. It was pretty good, kind of a spy, keep you guessing kind of movie. Julia Roberts looks great. We wanted to go see "Madea Goes to Jail" but it was done playing at the theaters in town. I will have to get the DVD when it comes out. I loved "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" and "Madea's Family Reunion" and own those two movies, I think Tyler Perry hit gold when he created the Madea character!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

How fun that you won the give-away! Just the thing to chase away the winter blues. Spring is coming and I'm sure you'll find some warm and sunny days to enjoy soon.

Hope your knitter's elbow feels better too.

Gina said...

It snowed here last night, alas, soon it will be warm again. I am so glad you enjoyed your time as the Storylady. I am sure you brought lots of joy to the children. I remember loving to be read to when I was little, but I was the eldest of six children and didn't get much reading time with mom because she was always busy with one of my siblings. It would have been pure joy to hear someone else read. You are doing a good thing. Congrats on winning the give-away!! I am sure it brightened your weekend.

Aprons and More said...

Congrats on your win! I love that blog and think I will follow! Sorry about the snow...It is to be 80 on here Saturday! It's too early to get hot around here...

I have crocheter's elbow!