I am happy it's Friday. My husband comes home today from his hunting trip, he has been gone since last Saturday. It's been a quiet week with just me and the dogs, and I am glad he will be back today. The Boeing strike is still going on, and no idea when there could be a resolution. Tim's union has now been on the picket lines for a week. We did get a partial paycheck today from last time worked, but here on out, nothing unless the strike goes into 3 weeks, then it's $150 a week strike pay. Which can buy groceries and dog food! The strike issues aren't really about money or pay, it's more about job outsourcing and medical takeaway issues. I am praying for a swift resolution. We are in better shape than some of the younger families and I feel for them, if the husband or wife is the sole breadwinner and they are on the line. But I know God will see us through. I was thinking the other day this is the 3rd strike, but it's actually the 4th one I've experienced in 20 years of marriage. Anyway, one good thing, if Tim is off for a bit, there are some house projects (painting, building a table and benches for our kitchen nook that he's been wanting to do for awhile) that maybe can get done since he will have the time.
A Pleasant Surprise!
6 years ago
4 comments:
Hope you and Tim have a lovely weekend and that the weather stays nice.
I add my hopes to yours. Know I am thinking good thoughts for you both.
xo
As always, thank you for your kindness and good thoughts!
I already had some kind blessings today...a co-worker brought me two bottles of red wine and a Japanese folding fan from a trip to Napa Valley....the fan will be useful to thwart those pesky hot flashes, which have appeared more frequently these days!
Hi Kelley, I am praying for you and your husband. I hope things get better soon but you do have a good attitude about it all, so I know nothing but good can come out of it all. I am glad your husband is coming home today something to definitely look forward to.
Blessings,
Vickie
I'll also be praying for a speedy resolution to the strike. I'm glad you aren't worrying and that Tim has things to do in the meantime.
Post a Comment