I am planning to post on chapter five Ms. Spirituality from our online book study but probably won't get to it till tomorrow evening. It has been just a busy busy work week and when I get home all I want to do is eat something for dinner and knit for about a half an hour, read a little and then go to bed! I have fallen asleep practically every night this week at 8:30 pm and slept till 5 am. Plus I was fighting the start of a cold and an earache earlier in the week, but feel a lot better now.
Tim leaves tomorrow with both dogs to go duck, goose and pheasant hunting in eastern Washington and they will be gone at least through Monday. Boeing and the union are starting up talks again today in Washington D.C.....all prayers for a fair resolution (on both sides) to this strike will be greatly appreciated. It's been over a month and a half now without my husband's regular income but we do get strike pay of $150 a week plus my salary so we are making it. It has actually been a really good wake up call in the midst of all the economic upheaval...I have really found out in the past 6 weeks I can restrain myself not to spend money on things I don't need to (like magazines at the checkout stand, etc.) and I am being really frugal and just making good with everything I have, which is plenty. Believe me, I wouldn't run out of fragrant soaps and lotions for at least a year with the stash I already have! That goes for books too, I have several I haven't read, as well as the library too, so I have totally cut back on buying books. No clothes either, except I did need/want some black tights and got those at Macy's 2 for $20 with a 20% off coupon, those are staples in the winter. Plus I found all that great ribbon yarn at Dollar Tree, so I have been working on making scarves and gave one to a co-worker for her birthday last week. Another one I am making for one of my bosses for Christmas. Another good thing...everyone I've talked to both sides of our families are in agreement to go really low budget or no gifts this Christmas...everyone is feeling the pinch, and it's a good thing, I think. I have no desire to charge Christmas gifts and neither does anyone else!
More tomorrow on Ms. Spirituality!
A Pleasant Surprise!
6 years ago
1 comment:
Being frugal in today's economy just makes sense whether or not you are working. We are making do in several areas. Prayers going up for this strike. blessings, marlene
Post a Comment