I have been tagged by Vickie at AnooCre8ion to list seven random things about me.
1. I have had a love of reading since I learned how to read in 1st grade. I would sneak a flashlight under my covers at night just to read a Bobbsey Twin or Nancy Drew book!
2. Lining up with the love of reading, the library or a bookstore are two of my favorite places in the whole world!
3. I traveled by myself to London when I was 25 to visit a friend who lived there at the time.
4. I love to change my purses to go with my outfit for the day. I have several purses!
5. I have had the same job as a legal assistant for 25 years with the same law firm, working for each senior partner. As they've retired, I get the next senior partner!
6. I don't know how to swim.
7. My favorite verse in the Bible is "The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms" Deuteronomy 33:27. When I became a Christian 29 years ago, I found a little wall hanging with this verse. A month or two later, I was at church and a lady was praying with me about some things. She mentioned this verse in her prayer, and it seemed more than a coincidence to me, since I didn't know much about the Bible and just had found this verse on little plaque I'd bought, so it meant a lot to me, and still does. It's my 'safety net' verse, meaning no matter what all goes wrong or is stressful or scary or how fall I could fall, His arms are there to catch me!
A Pleasant Surprise!
6 years ago
2 comments:
I enjoyed reading the seven random things about you. I think I already knew most of them but not all.
I know have said it before---but I love reading other's memes. It is such a nice way to learn more about you.
1.I read all the Nancy Drew books.
2. Love the feel of finding a book that makes me forget everything about my life and live in another's life for a while.
3. I went to London when I was 18. I have been really feeling called to London lately.
4. I am a one purse kind of gal.
5. I don't have a job.
6. I can swim but I can't ride a bike. I wish I could teach you. Swimming is so lovely.
7. Hmm. I don;t have one. But, I do love the quote by the Julian of Norwich, a Christian mystic from the 1400's: All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well"
Post a Comment