Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dollar Tree Yarn Treasures!

I went to the Dollar Tree this weekend and found this yarn for $1 each...usually it is $5.99 each! Two spools make a scarf! Inexpensive Christmas/birthday presents! It was a good score, and the yarn is like a ribbon which gives the scarf more of a decorative look. Very easy to knit up a scarf, I finished one already for my friend Becky at work (her birthday is tomorrow) and I am working on the top one (pink colors) for me. $2 per scarf, not bad!

Tim is away deer hunting, so it was just me and dogs this weekend, plus I took yesterday off as a vacation day, since I still have 5 1/2 days to use before the end of the year. My stepdaughter Melissa and I went to the movie "Fireproof" this weekend, it was really good, I highly recommend it. Good story! I thought Kirk Cameron and the actress who played his wife in the movie, not sure of her name, did a wonderful job. The soundtrack was great too. No news on the Boeing strike yet. Both sides were meeting this weekend but it sounds now like talks have broken off. Not good. We are nearing 40 days. With all the economy roller coaster ride going on in the news, it can get scary but I am keeping my trust in God to carry us through. Right now we don't have health insurance coverage due to the strike, our medical coverage is suspended as of September 30, 2008. We made sure to get any prescriptions we needed filled before then, and hopefully there will be no major medical emergencies that happen now that we aren't covered.


2 comments:

Cindy said...

How fun to find the yarn on sale. I was at Michael's Crafts this weekend because I had a half off coupon to use. It took every ounce of my will to just go in and get the one item I wanted and not look around. I knew if I did, I'd spend too much!

Paula V said...

I have two scarfs made out of this yarn. I wish I knew how to make them. One of mine is a chocolate blend and one a black blend. A friend got the yarn from Walmart and made them. I love them, especially since shorter scarves are hard to find and she made them short for me.

Do you have any instructions on making them?

Mine are coat scarves but my friends has them in different colors for dress scarves to be worn with sweaters and such.