
I am glad it's Friday. One more day of the work week, then the weekend. I am feeling a lot better today than I have this week. We had a good Bible study at work at lunch yesterday and the topic was on contentment vs. complaining! A good eye-opening study, from the Women of Faith series. So that helped me a lot, get my thinking turned around in some areas. And made me again think how extremely grateful I am for my life and so many blessings I have in it....family, work, good friends (both in person and bloggy/penpal friends). In fact, I would have to say that my bloggy friends this week, Cindy and Gina, have been a big help to me just in your kind comments and Cindy, in your emails. I am truly blessed to have your wisdom and friendship. I wish we three could sit down with a nice latte together and visit in person.
Here's a picture I found of a pretty vanity. I was thinking the other day about how I've always wanted one of those old vanities with the mirror and bench that you see sometimes in antique stores. The kind that ladies used to sit at and do their makeup and put on their perfume. I remember seeing one many years ago in an antique store that I thought about buying that I really liked. It might be something to think about saving up for, now that the strike is hopefully over this weekend if they vote the new contract in. I have a place to put one upstairs in an extra bedroom, and it would be nice to sit unrushed and put on my makeup in the morning. Not a necessity though, just a little luxury.
3 comments:
I'm glad today is a better day for you. I really value our friendship too. I think Gina is from Michigan so if you ever get to Michigan or Indiana I'm sure we three could figure out a way to meet for lattes!
Okay Gals, I'm for a good latte chat. Thank you for your friendship as well, you don't know how much I look forward to reading your blogs and hearing from you.
Here's to good friends!
Hi Kelly - I've often thought I'd like one of those little tables, too. My neighbor has one and I've admired it every time I've seen it. But you know, I wash my hands several times when putting on makeup - if I didn't do it at the sink I'd be getting up and down several times mid-process. So I'm not really sure I'd like it in the end - I just like the way it looks. :) blessings, marlene
Post a Comment