Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bath & Body Works sale


I went over to Bath and Body Works yesterday at lunch and picked up some more sale goodies, they will be great for gifts...and once the glycerin soaps (on sale for $1, usually $3.50) are gone, they are gone for good. So I got several and some more of the bath lotions and shower gels in different scents. Really nice. I even told one of my bosses about the sale, and he went over and picked up some things for his wife, which will really bless her. Good to stock up on these kind of things for future birthday gifts and even Christmas. We always have a birthday to celebrate at the office so they are good for that. Plus I love the Peony scent, and they are discontinuing it, so I got a few bottles of the lotion, spray and shower gel for myself. It's a lovely mild scent for spring and summer.

I finished the shawl I was knitting for a friend of mine, and it turned out really nice, a pretty cream color, homespun yarn. I am almost done with a blue homespun yarn scarf for another girl at church, I remembered not long ago I told her about 2 years ago I would knit her a blue scarf and I never did. We were at a retreat together, and I was knitting something else, and we got talking and I remember saying I'd make her a scarf and what color did she like? But then I forgot about it, I think the Lord brought it to mind again lately, so I asked her a few weeks ago if she remembered about it, and she did, and the color and I told her I bought the yarn and am making it. I have a few other projects like that, one of which was this cream shawl. I have some more cream yarn to make another shawl that I am going to send to another friend this summer. Those shawls are great for curling up on the couch watching tv or reading if it's a little bit chilly. The homespun yarn is so soft and cuddly, I love it. It's great for blankets, shawls and scarves!

Praying today for everyone on my list for yesterday, plus Laly for surgery. And praying for my DH to get some sleep. He needs to pick up the new end table we bought Saturday (it was supposed to be ready yesterday but wasn't delivered yet) and he plans to go see a friend of his who just had surgery on his knee who is in the hospital. He didn't get much sleep yesterday, graveyard shift is tough.


1 comment:

Zoe said...

Hi Kelly,
I'm glad you stopped by my blog and left a post. I hope you will continue the conversation.
I enjoyed reading your blog. :-)
Zoe