
I have been thinking lately I need to volunteer to do something ministry-wise. I was helping with the leadership team of Heart2Heart, a ladies group that meets once a month at church, but we are on summer hiatus now till October. I just am not sure what to do, and I am praying that the Lord would lead to me to what He wants me to do. I do feel a pull to pray for people for healing, especially since I was prayed for a few weeks ago at church and my back was healed. I had gone to church that Sunday morning with bad back muscle spasms. We have a prayer "healing room" time that anyone can sign up for every Sunday morning at 9:30am so I signed up and had three people I know pretty well pray for me and after 10 minutes of prayer, I stood up and my back felt about 80 percent better, and it has pretty much remained that way for the past two weeks. I don't have the left side stiffness and pain I did at all, and my range of motion is better when I put on socks and shoes, or bend over to pick something up. I know God touched me that day, and I since have prayed for two of my friends right then and there who told me they had back pain, and both of them felt better right after we prayed. I also still would like to do something fun with women about makeovers or wardrobe stuff.
Tonight after work a friend of mine Charisa and I are going to dinner. She is a lovely girl in her late 20's and I used to work with her doing a Bible study for college girls at PLU several years ago. She is one of my favorite people and I see her at church, but we just haven't gotten together to visit for awhile. So that will be fun. She is one I prayed for for her back last Sunday, so I hope to hear she is doing better when I see her tonight.
Our church is reading "The Life You Always Wanted" by John Ortberg this summer. We just bought it Sunday and I have just started reading it, I really like it so far. I finished the blue scarf last night I was working on for Sandie so that will be good to give it to her this weekend. I am done with Bobbie's cream shawl too. So onto the next shawl project for Jan for her birthday in August. She is the one from Share His Story (http://www.sharehisstory.com/) who sent me this lovely bracelet for my 50th birthday a few weeks ago. It is the Serenity Prayer bracelet. Teal stone stands for serenity, purple for courage and gold for wisdom. It is just stunning. Jan is so gracious. I read about SHS in Today's Christian Women years ago, and have ordered some bracelets from them for me and for gifts and Jan has sent me a total of 4 bracelets at no charge throughout the years just as a thank you and just out of kindness....I think I have 8 total, 4 I bought and 4 she's sent me. They are all gorgeous and I wear a different one almost every day....the Fruit of The Spirit, the Salvation, and the newer coral My Journey bracelets are all ones she has sent me just to bless me, along with this new Serenity one. All are just lovely. I am going to knit a shawl for Jan, and am thinking of some other ideas for her, as her 50th come up in August.
No comments:
Post a Comment