Thursday, June 26, 2008

I went out to dinner with a friend last night who is in her late 20's...we got talking about hormones and I told her about my several month stretch last year where I felt so unlike me...irritable all the time, ready to snap someone's head off, on the verge of tears a lot, feeling like I didn't have any friends, and that overwhelming feeling of 'something is wrong with me!'...I knew it then as I do now it was some kind of peri-meno, meno thing...hormones gone wild, like PMS amplified by 100! I am doing better now and feeling more even, but I remember just wanting to go for really fast walks to try to 'walk it out'....hating feeling irritable over just the smallest things....sometimes having to literally bite my tongue to keep saying things I would regret! Especially to clients! Anyway, just talking about it made me think back and be thankful I feel so much better now, and that like a season, you just go through it. A lady at church who is 70 says once you are through the meno stuff, you feel like you are born again!! I am ready!

2 comments:

jesuslegaleagle said...

I love your post and as you see, you are not alone. My emotions are a roller coaster, some days so up I can conquer the world and other days I think I have no friends.

Not true! Found a new one today..

What kind of law firm do you work in? Mine is general and my absolute favorite thing to do is legal research and write. Definitely keep in touch.

Kelley said...

Kelly,
I am cracking up because as I was blog hopping around and came here from Zoe Elmore's blog, I noticed that the picture on your header is one I took in my backyard and posted on Word-Filled Wed. That is so funny!!

I totally get the hormone stuff too. It is so frustrating not to have control of that inner monster!

Take care....