

There's a good little article in the recent "More" magazine about Carolina Herrera's personal style. I think she is very cool and classy and a good role model for dressing, especially after turning 50 which I just did in June.
A few pics showing her great style....one thing the More article talked about was that she loves to wear a great crisp white shirt (I have two white shirts in my closet and they are old and not all that crisp!) and also she loves a good bangle bracelets (or many, as the picture above shows with the yummy gold bangles with the black sweater).
I will never be able to afford her clothing line (although I do have her perfume, Carolina Herrera, about a third of a bottle left from a few years back and I am wearing it today) but I can emulate her style and class within my budget. A black turtleneck sweater and gold bangles are very doable, and the white blouse with the pink scarf and leopard accessories are really cool too. Another thing the article talked about is going light on wearing a lot of prints, and I have noticed this is something I've been doing for awhile. I like to keep the prints in a scarf maybe as opposed to a whole skirt anymore, and I used to be the queen of long floral skirts!
3 comments:
She has amazing personal style. And, come to think of it, I wore her perfume to our wedding. That scent of tuberose immediately sends me back to that happy day.
I got the Brooks Brothers no iron white shirt and I am loving it. I am also a fan of gold bracelets--lots of them.
Thanks for letting us know about the article. I really like More and should check it out more often.
xo
I have heard that those Brooks Brothers no-iron shirts are wonderful...I think it was on an Oprah style/fashion/what not to wear show that they talked about them. That's very cool about you wearing CH's perfume on your wedding day...I sprayed some on this morning, and I can still smell it lingering and it's almost 7pm, it has good staying power! I read somewhere too that it's Angelina Jolie's favorite perfume!
Hi Kelly,
Just found your blog!! So nice to meet you.
I saw you liked the Beatles, I did too.
I even got to meet Paul when he recored an album by my home many, many years ago! The group was Wings.
I'm your age, with Grandkids too.
Great season in our lives!!
So nice to meet you♥
Post a Comment