

30 years ago, to be exact, I loved to go to concerts in Seattle with my friends. I was just going through some pictures and found this one. I was 20 and my friend Kathy and I had just met some members of the rock band Journey. Kathy snapped this pic of me and Greg Rolie, the keyboard player. He used to also be in Santana. I have another picture somewhere of us with me looking into the camera. This was after the concert and Kathy and I were hanging around waiting to see if we could see any of the band and get autographs. 1978. I can't remember who they played with now. Back then, there were a lot of good concerts in Seattle at the Paramount Theater or the Arena or Colesium, many times, three bands, like AC/DC, Cheap Trick, and Kiss or Edgar Winter Band, UFO and Climax Blues Band. I was really into rock and roll in my teens and early 20's....I got autographs from Tom Petty and Elvis Costello when they were just starting out. I've seen Paul McCartney, once with Wings in the 70's and twice on his own, I would have loved to see the Beatles, my all time favorite group. My, time has flown by. I look at this picture and see youth and a skinny body!! I wouldn't really want to go back to that age. But I wouldn't mind having the body and the natural hair color that I used to have! It was prettier than I remember...I always called it brown, but really, there was quite a lot of natural red/copper tones to it. As the years have passed, of course it's turned darker, naturally, blonde, not naturally!!
I just looked on YouTube and there's lots of videos of the Greg Rolie band. He's still out there rocking! And here is a picture of how he looks now.....
I will have to see if I can find that other picture.....
No comments:
Post a Comment