I don't know why, but I woke up around 3:30am and just could not get back to sleep. My low back has been bothering me the last few days and I just couldn't get comfortable.
I am going down to get my new reading glasses at lunch, they are finally ready. My old ones broke about a month ago. I am getting the graduated lenses this time instead of bifocals, so I hope they are easy to get used to.
Books I am reading right now from the library:
The Millionaire Next Door
The Red Scarf
Plus a bunch of back issues of Health, Prevention, and an Instyle magazine. The library is really awesome and does have just about everything or if it doesn't, you can order it. I did buy "The Shack"...I have read most of it, but kind of lost interest towards the end (I think I still have four chapters or so to go). I thought it was good, but that it was kind of repetitive on certain things. I do need to finish it though.
Knitting projects: Light blue homespun scarf (for me)
Rose-colored baby blanket (for Children's Hospital in Seattle)
Cream homespun shawl (not sure who is getting this yet)
I have coral, red and grape homespun yarn to make more scarves, probably for Christmas presents. I am planning to go really low budget on Christmas this year. My mom mentioned the idea of us just giving to our favorite charities this year instead of picking names (there are six of us on my immediate side of the family who pick names with a $50 limit).
A Pleasant Surprise!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment