skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The Coming Economic Earthquake
Sometimes during the lunch hour if I am out and about in my car I listen to Crown Financial Ministries radio program. Not long ago, they were talking about a book Larry Burkett wrote in 1990 or so called "The Coming Economic Earthquake" and how many of the things he wrote about in that book forecasted what has now come to pass in the past year or so (regarding bank failures, wipeout of 401-K accounts, etc.) I remember reading that book from the library in the early 90's, so was curious to read it again in light of all that's been going on in the economy. I just checked it out from the library last night and find that Mr. Burkett has a lot to say and is right on the money about a lot of things he hoped would not happen in the future (20 years or so later) but have happened. I read about what happened in Germany after the first world war, and also to Argentina in the 1980's. I am not reading it with fear, but with a sobering view and a further resolve to get my personal finances (credit card debt especially) paid off and things in order. I trust God to take care of my family, but I can see where some things I have expected or consumed or taken for granted will have to change. I feel sad about our country being so far in debt and I am afraid this new stimulus package that just passed at the House is going to put us more so in debt. My personal 401-K plan has lost over a third of its assets since September. But it all makes me turn more to the Lord, to put my hope and trust in Him for provision, and not this world's system. I highly recommend reading Larry's book, so far, it's been quite an eye-opener with what he predicted now having come to pass.
No comments:
Post a Comment