Wednesday, January 21, 2009











Tim and I got to watch the twins Saturday night. They are 14 months old now and walking really well. They were so good. Very inquisitive. I went to Target Saturday and bought a baby stacking toy thing and they had fun playing with that. Their parents got to go out to a nice dinner for a few hours and we got to enjoy our little granddaughters. They are very sweet-natured and were fine with us, no crying when mom and dad left, but they were happy to see them when they came back.



I love this picture of Tim and the twins taken Saturday night. Aria in the darker pink outfit has the cutest little grin on her face. She toddles around with a mischievous look and lots of smiles! Raina is very sweet. I noticed Aria likes to pick up toys and put them back in the box, she seems to be a little organizer. Raina likes to be held, they both put their arms up to be lifted up. We really enjoyed spending time with them.




I've been praying for each of our grandkids lately on their own day....six of them, so I can pray Monday for Natalie, the oldest, 12 and Moira who is 10 on Tuesdays, Seth on Wednesdays, he is almost 8 in a few weeks, Asher Thursdays who is 3 and Aria on Friday and Raina on Saturday. I think of different things to pray for them about and it helps me remember to pray for them on 'their' days. My grandma (mom's mom) was a good grandma to me, she died when she was 92 about 8 years ago....and she was a good role model for me being a grandma. She was always really happy to see me and very generous. My dad's mom, my other grandma, who I look just like, died when I was 2 so I don't remember her. She had rheumatoid arthritis and died at age 45 from various complications, and it was very unexpected. I wish I would have been able to know her too, she was the first woman president of the Saddle Club in Cut Bank, Montana (back in the 40's or 50's) and she rode horses, had her own beauty shop, sold Merle Norman cosmetics, painted with oil paints, and loved to shop, especially for clothes (hmmm, wonder where I got the clothes shopping thing from!). My mom says Grandma Phyllis used to buy several things on a rack but then give things to people, dresses to my mom or her housekeeper, and when I was born, she bought me so many clothes and toys my parents had to tell her 'no more' as they didn't have room in their tiny house!

The pictures are of my Grandma Millie sitting in her kitchen, I love this picture because it captures her so well. This was taken probably in the late 50's. The other pictures are of my Grandma Phyllis riding her horse, etc. and she and my Grandpa Al. And a picture of my dad around the time I was born, with Butch, a boston terrier. Butchie is the first dog I remember. He ended up going to live with my Grandpa Al after my Grandma Phyllis died because my dad said Butchie used to run away a few blocks to Grandpa's all the time, so he just ended up staying with him.

In thinking about my grandparents (also I had Grandpa Adolph, my mom's dad, and he was a wonderful grandpa and I will write more about him later) I was very blessed to know the three I did and they were wonderful to me. I want to be a good grandma to the six I have now, and I know I am blessed to have them especially since I didn't have children of my own, and somehow I ended up with six grandkids via Tim's oldest son, Devon. I am thankful to the Lord for that, and want to pray for them and be a blessing in their lives.







3 comments:

Cindy said...

Cute picture of Tim with the girls. I enjoyed reading about your thoughts as a grandma as well as about your own grandparents.

Gina said...

It sounds like you have a wonderful legacy. I enjoyed the pictures, especially the one with Tim and your grandaughters, they are adorable.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Having grandchildren is always talked about in terms of how much fun they are and how nice it is to be able to spoil them and give them back. But there's such responsibility being a grandparent - I loved your post because it reinforced exactly how I feel. We have an obligation to pass on the things our grandchildren need to learn. blessigns, marlene