

On Saturday two of my friends came over to hang out and have a knitting party! Carie I've known from high school, and Laura I met through Carie when were 19 or 20...we are all almost 51 now, so we have known each other a very long time. We decided recently to get together to knit, since Laura is just learning and Carie like me has been making scarves for awhile and wanted to move onto something else. So we worked on hats which was fun. I made a white one with white fun fur on the trim. We had quiche, turkey roll up sandwiches, apples and brie cheese and coffee cake and a few pots of tea and just had a fun girls day. Tim and the dogs came home later Saturday and they had a great time hunting from Thursday till Saturday. The dogs were really happy to see me, but they were exhausted and crashed out and slept most of the rest of the weekend. Tim got a goose and a duck so he was happy. Apparently Tank fetched the duck, then he dropped it in a river and it went floating down until Tank jumped back in to get it. Then he dropped it again and Anna tried to grab it, but Tim said Tank was having none of that because that was 'his' duck! So Tank got it and brought it to Tim, for his first retrieve ever!
When they were gone, I watched the DVD "Mama Mia" on Friday night (a friend at work loaned me several movies to watch and that was one of them). It was cute with all the Abba songs, and I was amazed as I didn't know Meryl Streep could sing! I also worked on my closet, clearing out stuff. There's an organization in town that takes business women's clothing to help low-income ladies who need work clothes getting back into the job market, so I have some shoes and stuff for them and a co-worker has some suits so we are going over there this week to drop things off. I realize I need to do a serious closet clean-out. I have several long floral skirts that I've worn in the spring and summer the past few years, and I think it's time for them to go. They are nice to throw on with sandals, but I think I've worn that look for awhile and am kind of leaning towards more knee length, plain-colored skirts (like dark denim and navy for spring). I did get a pretty dress though on Ebay a few weeks ago for spring/summer...it's brand new with tags from Talbots, retailed for $100 or so and I got it for $37.50 on buy it now (plus shipping). I don't have very many dresses (three, actually and this makes four) and I thought it would be fun to have as I like the colors and the print isn't too wild. Usually I go for florals but I am trying to break myself of that and just keep florals in a scarf or something and go with neutrals in my clothes. But I thought this dress looked cheery, like sparklers from fireworks were going off in the print!
I am now on a self-imposed no Ebay, no new clothes until spring (March) when I do need to get new shoes for work (like a low-heeled tan or beige slingback or pump). I have bought some things recently on Ebay but some of it I am not happy with and that's the downside of Ebay shopping for clothes...you might get a winner, but sometimes you get a dud. I bought two skirts recently, one is too big but can be tailored although I don't know if I love the skirt that much too spend the money tailoring it, and the other one I didn't like once I saw it in person. I kind of do Ebay in spurts, I will stay away from it for months, then suddenly get back into it and buy several things, which is what I've recently done. But I need to stay away now, I don't need anything else to buy right now.
It is snowing outside this morning, and I am trying to check with weather report and see if it's going to continue or start raining....I don't think it's going to stick around very long, but I'm not sure...I hate driving in the snow!
2 comments:
What a fun time with your friends. I'm jealous! lol!
I really enjoyed Mama Mia too. I want to get the soundtrack as well as the DVD sometime but like you, I'm not allowing myself to buy anything but necessities right now. It's hard. I also have to stay away from EBay and Amazon!
Yes, it is a struggle staying away from buying stuff on Amazon and Ebay, I agree. It shouldn't be that way, but there's so much out there to be tempted by!
Post a Comment