Now I can add hats to 'what I can knit' besides scarves, baby blankets, shawls, dishcloths. I haven't tried slippers (although when I learned to knit at age 11 that's the first thing I made....blue "cuddlespun yarn" slippers. My best friend Tami and I went to a little yarn shop on our way home from school called "The Knitting Nook". There was an elderly lady who owned the shop who gave knitting lessons if you bought the yarn. She taught us how to knit and pearl. I remember making slippers and later a scarf hat thing, with cable stitches down each side of it. Pretty tricky stuff that I haven't ever done since! Tami went on to knit a shell sweater. I never have made a sweater, but I should try. I just tend to go with fairly easy patterns. Knitting is calming to me and I like to just sit and sort of knit away and not have to worry about counting pearl and knit stitches too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment