
I just woke up from a funny dream....I was in a little antique shop and there was a purse there I wanted to look closer at. The shop owner took it out and sat down with me at a table to look at it. He said the owner had dropped it off awhile ago and that the front of the purse had some issues, but the inside was unique with lots of pockets and compartments, etc. But the best part was that the lining of the purse was fabric with sock monkeys printed all over it!
So I am thinking of sock monkeys first thing this morning....the funny thing is, I had one when I was really little, and called it my Bobo Monkey. Later in my twenties, I think, I saw one at a craft show and bought it, because it reminded me of my toy one I had when I was a little girl. I still have the replaced one, and I actually have a knitting needle cloth holder and a tissue holder (for purse-size tissues) made of sock monkey fabric that I bought from a lady on Etsy a few years ago. When I see sock monkeys, I am happy and comforted! I remember in the dream this morning I thought "Oh how cool, sock monkey lining!" in the purse, that was a real draw for me!
How about you? Any toys or dolls or things from childhood that you are still drawn to today?
2 comments:
I like little dolls, the size that fit in the palm of your hand. I had bigger dolls too, but the ones I really liked to play with were the little ones like my Hi Heidi doll, Polly Pocket, etc. I liked buying Barbie's little sister and friends dolls for my girls because of their cute size.
I also still have my stuffed panda bear from when I was just a few years old.
I had a Skipper doll too (Barbie's little sister) along with my Barbie, Midge and Francie. I never had a Ken. I remember too having two of the "Little Kiddle" dolls, a yellow lemon one and a brown chocolate one, they came in little plastic cases I think.
I still have a stuffed tiger too from when I was five or so...I remember my grandpa's cousin bought it for me at drugstore in Montana when we were all there shopping. It looks pretty beat up, it's amazing I've kept it with me all these years!
Post a Comment